Termites can damage any wooden structure. Most of us are unable to identify that they have an infestation as the damage happens in areas in which we cannot see the damages. Finding termite infested wood and rotting wood will not be a good thing for anyone.
Unlike peeling paint, never ignore the problems related to wood rot. Even a small damage from termites can eventually lead to permanent structural damage of your property if not treated properly.
A Few Steps to Avoid Termites:
As termites may cause a lot of damage, you may take a few essential steps before you call a professional termite wood repair specialist.
- Always keep an eye on any exterior wood such as windows, door frames and skirting boards.
- Because termites require moisture to survive, keep you area clear from water.
- Check whether your basement, attic or crawl space is well ventilated and dry.
- Cover any cracks or holes on the exterior of your home.
- Keep firewood at least five inches off the ground and 20 feet away from your building.
For professional advice on wood repair, contact my Termite Company before you search “termite damage repair near me.”
Types of Wood Repairs We Handle:
- Chips or cracks around windows and doors
- Damaged porches and decks
- Damaged wood paneling and furniture
- Structural repairs
Wood repairs are important to prevent termite re-infestation. Repairs should not be made until a licensed termite professional has confirmed that there are no longer termites present. Each method has slight differences in the overall technique and cost considerations.