Find latest termite resources
My Termite Company provides articles, guides, videos, checklists, FAQs, and other information to help homeowners learn more about the topic of termite control.
This page answers “how-to” or “need-to-know” questions about termite control. It is intended to be a dynamic resource and will be updated regularly with new information.
Please contact us with questions or comments that would make this page more useful to you.
Tip of the Month
How to prevent termites
- Get an annual inspection to detect an early infestation.
- Fix leaky roofs.
- Grade soil so that water (including air-conditioning. condensation) runs away from foundation.
- Remove all wood to soil contact.
- Repair leaking faucets and water lines, both indoors and outdoors.
- Ventilate crawl spaces and attics to reduce humidity.
- Make any necessary wood repair, both indoor and outdoor, as soon as possible.
- Pre-treat any new wood that will be placed in the home.
- Live in a house made of concrete and/or brick only.